Cooking for a Crowd of Kids

The high school musical, Footloose, finally opens. It seems as if Rose has been on costume crew duty forever. We're not that far from the school, at least in comparison to a lot of the other kids' families. Therefore, next Thursday and Friday a buncha them will be coming over after school to eat before going back to put on the show. I'm thinkin' Brunswick Stew, Spicy Caesar Salad, and Skillet Cornbread one night and ... maybe a double batch of Tuna Noodles, Garlic Bread and the ubiquitous Spicy Caesar Salad (hey, they love it!) the next. Or Tuna Casserole? Not made with mushroom soup but with a good white sauce flavored with some Parmesan and a touch of nutmeg? Still thinking on that one...

And dessert, of course! I'm leaning toward Spicy Ginger Cake, which is definitely the one I'm making to take to a party this weekend. That might get it out of my system and I'll go with my fallback position of the simple Chocolate Buttermilk Cake. Again, we'll see...

I have a fantastic casserole recipe that I used a couple of weeks ago to feed 12 hungry high schoolers ... will try to post that this weekend. I rarely have teenagers seeking me out to compliment the food, but several did and that's high praise indeed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amaretti

Spicy Tuna Fish Cakes

Curried Cream of Chicken Soup