The Sheer Savor of Roasting

February 2
It is the deep, salty stickiness of food that intrigues me more than any other quality. The sheer savor of it. The Marmite-like goo that adheres to the skin of anything roasted; the crust where something -- usually a potato or a parsnip -- has stuck to the roasting pan; the underside of a piece of meat that has been left long enough in the pan to form a gooey crust. This is partly why I cook rather than buying my supper ready-made. This you will probably know, unless of course this is your first Nigel Slater book.
I feel exactly the same way. Which makes me think, for the very first time, that I might have a slight chance of liking Marmite.
Tags:Food

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amaretti

Spicy Tuna Fish Cakes

Curried Cream of Chicken Soup