The Saddest Thing of All

There used to be a page on a website issued by the Texas Department of Corrections which listed the inmates' last-meal requests; it has now, deemed to be in bad taste, been deleted, although you can forage about for the sadly not updated text on the Net. I say sadly, as although of course it was in bad taste -- in so many ways -- it was not compelling reading. Perhaps the saddest thing about it, though, was the asterisked line at the top which read "The final meal requested may not reflect the final meal served." Just when you thought your life couldn't get any worse.
No kidding! But this makes me wonder. What would I choose for a last meal? I'll think this over and put my answer in the comments boxes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amaretti

Spicy Tuna Fish Cakes

A Taste of Heaven for Body and Soul