Pork Chops with White Wine

A more accurate name for this would be "My Mom's Pork Chops." This was a favorite when I was growing up and remains so with my family.

Over time, as the poor pig has had all natural fat bred out of it, I've had to adapt which chops are used so that they don't wind up tough and dry after the simmering, which is necessary to get the onions soooo delicious that Tom and I fight over who gets the last bits from the platter.


Step 1:

4 large pork chops, I use shoulder or blade chops
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon oil

Season chops with spices. Brown quickly.

Step 2:
1 tablespoon butter
1 medium onion, sliced
1 teaspoon tomato paste
1/2 cup white wine

Remove chops and add butter; sauté onion until soft, but not brown.

Blend in tomato paste. Add wine; return chops to pan. Cover and simmer until tender, about 30-40 minutes.

Tags:Food

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amaretti

Spicy Tuna Fish Cakes

Curried Cream of Chicken Soup