Chicken Liver Sauce

Erik has decreed that it's Variety Meats Week. Who am I to argue?

This was one of my family's favorite dishes when I was growing up. I haven't made this in years and looking at it now I wonder if 6 chicken livers is enough. It doesn't seem right somehow. Just the excuse I need to make it again. Now what will the rest of my non-variety-meat-eating family have for dinner? Hmm....

Step 1:
6 chicken livers
1 tablespoon butter
1 clove garlic
3 sliced mushrooms
2 tablespoons red wine
Sauté livers quickly, remove. Sauté garlic and mushrooms, remove.

Step 2:
2 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon tomato paste
1 teaspoon Worcestershire
1½ cups beef stock
Blend in, off fire, flour, tomato paste, and Worcestershire. Gradually add stock and red wine and stir over heat until sauce comes to a boil.

Step 3:
Cooked rice or gnocci
Slice livers and add them and mushrooms to sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes. Serve over rice or gnocci.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amaretti

Spicy Tuna Fish Cakes

Curried Cream of Chicken Soup