Thursday, March 10, 2005

Baked Salmon with Horseradish Mayonnaise

This came from a diabetic cookbook but you'd never know that if I didn't tell you. I can't remember which one unfortunately. It was one of the many I checked out a few years ago when Tom bcame diabetic. It is simple, delicious, and good for you - though now that I've read The Fat Fallacy I might make this with regular mayo and sour cream.

Step 1:
1 salmon fillet (1 pound total), room temperature, cut into 4 pieces
Salt and pepper
Olive Oil
Brush salmon with oil and season. Bake at 250° on a lightly oiled, foil-lined cookie sheet. Bake exactly 17 minutes.

Step 2:
2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
2 tablespoons light sour cream
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2-3 teaspoons horseradish
2 teaspoons drained capers
Whisk together. Top each serving of salmon with a heaping tablespoon of sauce.

No comments: