New Year's Dinner

My mother-in-law had bought a regular grocery store ham which we baked in the oven. We also made a black-eyed pea recipe that my brother-in-law had gotten from the internet. It looked interesting, kind of like barbecued beans. And I finished up the potato salad that my MIL started but got too tired to finish (poor thing, she's so easily tired these days ... it is worrying).

Two discoveries from that meal:
  1. I have never been so thankful for Kuby's double smoked hams. Whoever produces that ham she bought evidently is under the impression that a double blast of salt can pass for flavor. Ick!

  2. I have decided that I do not like black eyed peas. They DO taste like dirt! How do I know what dirt tastes like? Some things shall never be revealed. (I loved the way that sounded ... actually, I have a good imagination.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amaretti

Spicy Tuna Fish Cakes

Curried Cream of Chicken Soup