Simple Chorizo

This recipe is for anyone who wants real Mexican flavor but doesn't have access to a deli or butcher who makes chorizo. Funnily enough, we get our "real" Mexican chorizo from a German deli. Hey, sausage making is sausage making. Am I right or am I right?

I think I picked this up from one of Matt Martinez's cookbooks. Both Matt Makes a Run for the Border and Matt Martinez's Culinary Frontier are great since Matt has a real knack for simplifying techniques but keeping authentic flavor. However, both are also at home and I'm doing this from work.
------------------
Simple Chorizo

1 pound ground pork
1 teaspoon salt
2 cloves minced garlic
2 teaspoons cumin
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon white vinegar

In a bowl, mix all together and refrigerate overnight. Or, freeze it.
-----------------
Hey, I told you it was simple!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amaretti

Spicy Tuna Fish Cakes

Curried Cream of Chicken Soup