I Need to Make Fruit Salad More Often

I did a lot of cooking for Easter.

I baked a Kuby's double smoked ham (butt end) on the bone. With this I also served:
And then I set out various mustards and some sweet-hot pickles.

Everything disappeared at a good rate, except the fruit salad. I was surprised at that. I thought it looked pretty and tempting. Ah well. Their loss.

I brought some for lunch and I almost couldn't quit eating in time to save Tom's share.

My method for fruit salad is always the same.
  1. Choose your fruit. (I picked a fresh pineapple and some tart but sweet purple seedless grapes.)
  2. Cut it up. I cut the pineapple in chunks and halved the grapes (thinking that some grape juice would make a nice flavoring).
  3. Mix in the juice of half a tart orange, some sugar to taste and a little orange liqueur (we had Cointreau on hand).
This is probably the most off-the-cuff thing that I make and based on my lunch experience I definitely have to get back in the habit. There is something about the variety and contrasts that is so much more appealing than an apple by itself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amaretti

Spicy Tuna Fish Cakes

Oven "Fried" Catfish