Garlic Herb Bread

This is so simple, so easy, and so loved by my family, especially Rose, that I don't know why I don't make it more often. I suppose it is because I tend to think of it as accompanying spaghetti and don't break outside that envelope to serve it with other meals. I must remedy that!

This recipe is from Cooking Light and you can feel free to increase the butter and oil if you like, although I usually find it sufficient. That all depends, of course, on the size of your loaf of bread. I tend to add a bit of salt if using unsalted butter.

I didn't copy the instructions for this since it is so simple and am winging it in those below. That's just how easy it is.

1 16-ounce loaf unsliced Italian or French bread
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon desired dried herb (basil, oregano, etc.)

Combine the butter, oil, and seasonings in a small pan over low heat until the herbs are a bit reconstituted.

Brush over cut sides of Italian or French bread, and wrap in aluminum foil. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amaretti

Spicy Tuna Fish Cakes

Oven "Fried" Catfish