Best Sloppy Joes

For a variety of reasons, not the least of which is lack of inspiration, my family has been lucky to get a home cooked meal from me these days. Luckily, they seem to have a strong liking for tuna sandwiches and I thank them for their forbearance.

When I do cook it is likely to be something like this which is also a well loved favorite. (I expect my cooking levels to rise next week since I have been STRONGLY inspired by Quick & Easy Thai: 70 Everyday Recipes but more about that later.)

I am not positive but believe this recipe came from Gourmet in the letters from readers section quite a long time ago. I often skip the chopped onion when I am especially pressed for time.

Enjoy!

Step 1:

1 pound extra-lean ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion

Sauté beef and onion until meat is no longer pink. Drain fat.


Step 2:

1 cup ketchup
2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
2 teaspoons white vinegar
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon Worcestershire
1 teaspoon Dijon
Pepper to taste

Add all and cook, uncovered, over low heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 30 minutes.
Tags:Food

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amaretti

Spicy Tuna Fish Cakes

Oven "Fried" Catfish